Short Course Competiton Level Brushless Combo
While the all new SIDEWINDER 4™ builds upon Castle’s most popular platform, the SIDEWINDER 1:10 SCALE SERIES, it is the first of its kind to run Castle’s newest technology, CRYO-DRIVE™. CRYO-DRIVE™ combines technology from cutting-edge hardware and software advancements to increase thermal performance. COOLER TEMPS mean LONGER RUNS and MORE POWER in your SIDEWINDER 4 setup.
- 2s – 3s LiPo; 6 – 8 cell NiMH use in vehicles up 6.5lbs with battery, ready-to-run.
- Sensorless brushless and/or brushed motor operation.
- Waterproof design ESC and splash resistant 30MM fan*
- 5.0 volts fixed, 2 amps Peak BEC
- Audible alerts for error conditions
- Enhanced drag brake functionality
- Smoother sensorless startups
- Convenient transmitter programming for six common adjustable settings
- Additional settings and software updates available via Windows®-based Castle Link software and USB adapter (sold separately) or via Field Link Card (sold separately), or the Castle Link App and a B-LINK Bluetooth Adapter (sold separately).
- Telemetry Link compatible for Futaba® S.BUS2 (sold separately)
The SIDEWINDER 4 is a versatile ESC and is accepted in a wide variety of applications. Whether throwing dirt, ripping through a corner or steadily dominating the trails, we’ve got you covered!
This combo includes a Sidewinder 4 ESC and 1415-2400Kv sensored* motor. The 1415-2400kv is ideal for short course trucks running on 3s LiPo and weighing up to 6.5 lbs; it can be run on a 2s LiPo but will be very slow. It is a cooling running torque animal for lighter 1/10th scale 2WD stadium trucks and buggies running on a 3s LiPo.
- Sidewinder 4 ESC
- Castle 1415-2400 Kv sensored* motor
- Quick Start Guide
- 1/10th scale gearing chart
- Decal sheet
* Sensored capabilities of the motor cannot be utilized with the Sidewinder 4. If you require sensored operation you will need a sensored ESC like the Mamba X.
**Not intended for operation while submerged in liquid. If unit is operated in wet conditions, rinse with fresh water to remove dirt or corrosives, then fully dry unit.
- Input Voltage Range: 2s – 3s LiPo; 6 – 8 cell NiMH
- BEC Specifications: 5.0 volts fixed, 2 amps.
- Operating Environment: Waterproof* design allows for use in nearly any environment
- Brake: Proportional
- Reversible: Yes, but may be disabled for racing.
- On/Off Switch: Yes
- Cooling Fan: 30mm fan included
- ESC Size: L: 2.08″ (52.92mm) W: 1.50″ (38.05mm) H: 1.28″ (32.56mm)
- ESC Weight (w/wires): 2.26 oz. (64 g)
- Connectors: 4mm female bullets for motor connection.
- Recommended Motors: Combo includes 1415-2400kv brushless motor.
- Max. Recommended Vehicle Weight: No more than 5lbs with battery, ready-to-run.
- Programmability: Fully programmable Castle feature set using Castle Link USB adapter (sold separately) and freely downloadable Castle Link Windows software, or the Castle Link App and a B-LINK Bluetooth Adapter (sold separately).
- Telemetry Link Capable: No
- Input Voltage Range:2-3S LiPo
- Kv: 2400
- Max. RPM:75,000
- Length: 69.5mm, Diameter: 36mm
- Weight (w/wires):318g/ 11.2oz
- Shaft Size:Length: 15.5mm, Diameter: 1/8″ (3.17mm)
- Mounting Hole Specifications:M3 @ 25mm
- Cooling Fan:Optional- Coming Soon!
- Connectors:4mm male Castle Bullet Connectors
- Application Guidelines:For short course trucks running on 3s LiPo and weighing up to 6.5 lbs; it can be run on a 2s LiPo but will be very slow.
It is a cooling running torque animal for lighter 1/10th scale 2WD stadium trucks and buggies running on a 3s LiPo.
Max. Recommended Vehicle Weight:6.5lbs
Items Needed for Operation:
Battery Connector required; Castle 4mm polarized connectors, Dean’s Ultra Plug, or Traxxas Power Connector recommended.
Product Use Statements:
*Although Sidewinder 4 is waterproof, it is not intended for operation while completely submerged in liquid. They can corrode when exposed to corrosive materials, such as salt water. Always rinse the ESC with clean water after exposure to corrosives or dirt. While the controller may be waterproof, we suggest users confirm that the rest of their vehicle, including the batteries, servos, radio and chassis are also waterproof before exposing them to liquids of any kind.
Monitor motor temperatures closely; overheating a motor will cause permanent damage to the magnets. Never exceed 180° F on the the motor or ESC.
Water Resistant Design: Routine maintenance is recommended after running in wet conditions. Please refer to this document for running and maintaining motors in wet environments.
Not all LiPos are created equal, and surge ratings should never be used to determine a pack’s suitability for a brushless application. Use the CONTINUOUS C rating only. Brushless setups frequently hit 100+ amps in peaks. We strongly suggest using 5,000 mAh or larger LiPo cells with a discharge rating of at least 30C (or high quality 25C batteries such as Traxxas® Power Cells®). Our experience suggests using only mild gear ratios with NiMH cells. Do not attempt to use NiMH cells in extreme setups.
There are no reviews yet.