4WD driven Off-Road Buggy Builders Kit – No ESC included
Burn through the off-road circuits!
The Scorcher, a popular and speedy 4WD racing buggy from the late-1980s Tamiya line-up, is back, with a new name and updated body! Made from durable polycarbonate and featuring a stylish large rear wing, the body design drew heavily upon the original Scorcher for inspiration, and can be decorated with the minimum of fuss, thanks to the large stickers included. It runs on the easy-assembly shaft-driven 4WD TT-02B, and marries the chassis’ controllability with square spike tires for superior grip on rough surfaces. This off-road veteran is back with new features to scorch your rivals!
Shaft-Driven 4WD and Superior Handling from the TT-02B
The shaft-driven 4WD TT-02B buggy chassis uses a skid-shaped frame. Its suspension setup uses 4-wheel independent double wishbone suspension with long arms, plus CVA shock units, giving the car assured handling, while L/R suspension arms and uprights are identical to facilitate hassle-free assembly. F/R gearboxes include 4-bevel differentials for smooth operation, and are sealed to ensure that dust can’t get inside. The top can be removed simply by loosening 4 screws, making maintenance a breeze. 4 different gear ratios can be applied with the use of 3 separately-sold types of pinion gears, allowing you to match the characteristics of your car setup to the conditions at any given time. Of course, this off-road chassis also includes receiver case and motor cover to protect them from dirt and debris thrown up off of the track.
- Length: 380mm, Width: 250mm, Height: 145mm
- Wheelbase: 266mm
- Tread: 217mm (Front), 208mm (Rear)
- Bathtub-type Frame
- Shaft-Driven 4WD
- Front/Rear 4-Bevel Resin Differentials
- 3-Piece Steering Tie-Rod
- 4-Wheel Double Wishbone Suspension
- Tire Width/Diameter: 32/82mm (Front), 41/82mm (Rear)
- Front/Rear CVA Oil Dampers
- Gear Ratio = 10.71:1 (using kit-included pinion gear)
- Type 540 Motor
- Electronic Speed Controller is sold separately.
- Electronic Speed Control for brushed motors (Find ESC here)
- 2-Channel radio with receiver (Find Radios here)
- Steering servo: Halko Turner 1.0 WP (More Servos here)
- 7.2volt battery pack: Nimh pack with Tamiya connector
- Compatible charger (Find Chargers here)
- Paint for the body
There are no reviews yet.