Hobbynox Airbrush Colors
Our water-based airbrush paint is made with light-fast pigments,durable resins and quality ingredients.Hobbynox Airbrush Colors works onpolycarbonate (Lexan®) and most other plastics, fabrics, wood, metals,ceramic, poster boards, glass and more.The colors are water-based andnon-toxic. Hobbynox Airbrush Colors
remains flexible and resists cracking, chipping and most impact damage.Hobbynox Airbrush Colors include Opaque (solids), Transparent, Neon, Pearl and Iridescents.
Hobbynox Airbrush Colors work best out of the bottle with a 0.5mm tip-sized airbrush operated @ 2.8-3.5 BAR. For smaller tip-sizes,lower the BAR settings and fine-line detailed artwork – reduce withHobbynox SP Reducer/Cleaner (up to 25%).Hobbynox Airbrush Colors cure with the assistance of mild-heat and airflow.
Items to be painted with Hobbynox Airbrush Colors include:
- R/C Polycarbonate Bodyshells
- Fishing Lures
- Model Kits (if the model doesn’t have too much details)
- Custom Airbrush Paint Jobs
- Opaque/Solid paints are the base of the Hobbynox Airbrush Colors.
- They are suitable for any airbrush work and can be mixed with any other Hobbynox Airbush Color.
- Use solid white as backing on all Neon Colors.
Clear with (if needed):
- Hobbynox Intercoat-Clear (dries flat – not meant to be used as a true gloss clear coat)
- Automotive Urethane Clear
- Many other clear/top coats are compatible – test first
Hobbynox SP Reducer/Cleaner (sold separately):
- To be used with Hobbynox Airbrush Colors when a thinner viscosity is wanted/needed.
- Generally added 10% per volume to paint. May be added in greater quantities to achieve best viscosity for atomization of paint.
- Paint has a 72 hour pot-life after mixing with SP Reducer/Cleaner.
- The best airbrush cleaner for Hobbynox Airbrush Colors – especially when the colors are mixed with Hobbynox Intercoat-Clear.
Hobbynox Intercoat-Clear (sold separately):
- Water-basedpolyurethane clear which can be used as protective inter-coat andbalancing clear over Hobbynox Airbrush Colors or directly mixed with thepaint for improved spray performance, improved coating durability andurethane-like performance with automotive airbrushing on hard surfaces.
- Whenused separately the Intercoat-Clear dries to a flat, hard andlevel/smooth surface perfect for taping and masking onto with reducedchance of under-spray.
- Mix 10% Hobbynox Intercoat-Clear or morewith Hobbynox Airbrush Colors. Leveling/smoothness and airbrush flow onnon-porous surfaces is greatly increased. Airbrush Colors dry hard anddurable quickly when mixed with Intercoat Clear.
- Intercoat-Clear also serves as an adhesion promoter (for painting hard surfaces) when mixed with Hobbynox Airbrush Colors.
- Intercoat-Clearis not a paint reducer and it does not thin the paint. For paintviscosity reduction – use Hobbynox SP Reducer/Cleaner.
- Use the Intercoat-Clear mixed Airbrush Colors within 6 hours. Keep colors capped airtight after use.
There are no reviews yet.